Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tim Thomas Commented on Facebook that he skipped White House trip because ‘government has grown out of control’




It was not all regarding the “politics or party” affiliation, Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas commented after he sjipped to join his team members on Monday at a White House reception celebrating their Stanley Cup championship for other reasons.

In a statement on his Facebook wall, Tim Thomas cited his belief that “the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties and Property of the People.” For that reason, Thomas said, “I exercised my right as a Free Citizen. ... This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country.”

Thomas has drawn criticism and praise for his above decision in US, which he written at 6 p.m. Monday and says will be his final comment on this issue.

“I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

“This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

“Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

“This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Tim. Amen!!